About the Jane Austen EveningThe Jane Austen Evening is an afternoon of tea, discourse, music and dance in the spirit of the estimable Miss Austen.
The next Jane Austen Evening will be Saturday, January 31st, 2015. It will be held at the Pasadena Masonic Lodge in Pasadena, California (Directions).
The 2015 Jane Austen Evening Schedule:
4:00 PM Doors Open for Tea
4:30 PM High Tea & Entertainment
6:00 PM Intermission & Doors Open for Ball
7:00 PM Dancing Begins
11:00 PM Evening Concludes
The 2015 Tea will feature a lecture by the eminent Mr. Richard Foss: ""Liquid Refreshments in the Jane Austen Era" – Refreshments, both alcoholic and non-intoxicating, that were enjoyed in 1800's England, and how Ms. Austen indicated the character of her characters from the things they chose to drink or serve."
AGE LIMIT: Attendees must be at least 13 years of age to attend the Jane Austen Evening and dance practices. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. This is an adult event and children are expected to behave as adults.
Some Things to Remember
- You are encouraged to bring your own table settings for tea (to include tea pots) but there will be no where to wash them. Be prepared to bring them home dirty.
- We will provide tablecloths. Paper plates and cups are available if you don't bring your own.
- No open flames.
- No alcohol please.
- Costume of the period or formal wear IS REQUIRED.
- No high heels. Ladies' trains must be off the dance floor.
- There is a ladies' lounge for changing. It will be a bit crowded though, so please do not store your stuff in there. There is room in the mezzanine area for your stuff, though we can't take responsibility for its security.
- The men's room is very small.
- What to wear
Purchase TIcketsTickets for the Jane Austen Evening are sold out